NEXT MEETINGTuesday, February 7, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
ON THE ROAD TO JOIN WITH KENT PRESBYTERY at Sprucedale United Church, 493 Victoria Avenue, Chatham
- Check your e-mail in-box for details on bus transportation, etc.
- No cost for the bus, but you must reserve a seat through the Presbytery secretary.
- We will be guests of Kent Presbytery for a pot luck dinner at 6, followed by
- Middlesex Presbytery meeting on our own at 6:45 to 7:30
- Joining with Kent for worship at 7:30 & program until 8:45
Our Mission Statement
The purpose of Middlesex Presbytery is to awaken its people and congregations to the message of the Scriptures, and to encourage them through support and compassionate oversight, to fulfil their Christian ministry in the world, as revealed in the words and life of Jesus.
Middlesex Presbytery serves the geographic area of Middlesex County. In one word, it is DIVERSE. There are 38 Pastoral Charges in Middlesex Presbytery
All persons of the Order of Ministry and Designated Lay Ministers are members of Presbytery. Lay members represent the following constituencies: elected representatives from Pastoral Charges (one for every 100 members to a maximum of four representatives) and from Middlesex Presbyterial U.C.W., and ten members-at-large appointed by the Presbytery. Pastoral Charges are encouraged to elect Alternate Lay Delegates to ensure representation at the meeting of Presbytery and its Divisions.
Guide to Active Membership: Updated in June 2012, this Guide explains how Middlesex Presbytery works - Our Structure and the Role of Presbytery Representatives.